Alive in Us: The Majesty and Ministry of the Holy Spirit
Power. Every device requires it to function properly. And so do our spirits. We need a power supply for our souls in order to function fully and experience all that God has in store for us.
But where do we find that divine power source? And how do we “plug in”?
Power is possible, power is available, power happens when the Holy Spirit comes. In the final words he spoke before ascending into heaven, Jesus gave this oh-so-welcome promise: “You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all of Judea, and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).
God has not left us vulnerable and defenseless. We are not exposed to the elements, unprotected and anemic. We have access to the greatest power on earth. The Holy Spirit of God. Could you use some power? If so, the Holy Spirit of God is available to help. We’ll explore the ways the Holy Spirit helps us and reaches us in our fall series, Alive in Us.
Get ready to plug in. Join us beginning September 7/8 weekend for this 12-week conversation about the majesty and ministry of the Holy Spirit.
We believe that the best way to grow in faith is through Bible and prayer engagement. We encourage you to engage with this study personally, at home, in small groups, and by attending a weekend worship service. Learn about our study tools, HERE. Use the links above to incorporate various study tools into your weekly routine!
New to Oak Hills?
If you are just now joining us, welcome! We're glad you are here. At OHC, we encourage you to Worship, Serve and Join A Group! Want to learn more about life with Oak Hills Church? Need help connecting? Contact us, we're here to help!
Download these resources and share them with others as you discover the majesty and ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- Alive in Us - Power, Promise, Prayer - Download this PDF to explore the power, promise, and prayer given through God’s indwelling Spirit.
- Tranquili-Tree - Download this PDF as a reminder to be C.A.L.M. (Celebrate. Ask. Leave. Meditate.). Learn more by watching the Anxious for Nothing sermon series here.
- GodTools App - Get the free GodTools App to help you simply and clearly explain to someone how they can begin a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Holy Spirit Video - Watch this Holy Spirit video by The Bible Project and share the energizing presence of the Holy Spirit with someone this week.
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment - Take this assessment to gain a better understanding of how God has uniquely gifted you and how you can use your gifts to serve others.
- Listening Prayer Exercise - Use this Listening Prayer exercise to practice hearing from the Holy Spirit.
- A.C.T.S. Prayer Model - Use the A.C.T.S. model of prayer as you connect with God this week.